We are in search of Licensed Professional Counselors looking to fulfill a Career in Counseling & Therapy in the mental health field.
Therapist Salary | Counselors Qualifications | Therapist Benefits | Counselors Experience
Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
Overcome Adversity | Cobb Counseling & Therapy
1806 Marble Ave. Jefferson City, TN 37760
Licensed Therapist (Part-Time, Contract)
$$ – $$$ per hour Based on Contract
Part-Time, Internship, Contract
- Master’s Degree (Required)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- LCSW, LPC-MHSP, LMFT TN State License (Required)
Job Description Summary:
The licensed therapist is responsible for providing therapy sessions for families, individuals, and groups. The therapist is responsible for assessing the therapeutic needs of individuals and families so that a properly developed treatment approach can align with the treatment objectives. Additionally, the therapist acts as the primary contact during the duration of counseling. The therapist is also a liaison with referral sources, outside agencies, and individuals.
Relationships and contacts
- Within the organization: Initiates and maintains strong professional relationships with peers, immediate supervisor, and leadership throughout the organization.
- Outside the organization: Initiates and maintains strong professional relationships with clients and families, clinical providers, referral partners, and vendors, as needed.
- Demonstrates a high level of clinical skill in assessing the clinical needs of clients, determining appropriate interventions, and conducting therapy in accordance with these needs.
- Selects appropriate interventions to meet the clinical needs of individual clients.
- Maintains a therapeutic relationship with clients using praise and other reinforces to encourage appropriate behaviors and attitudes.
- Possesses ability to set limits in a kind and firm manner.
- Demonstrates effective verbal intervention skills in managing escalating clients and involving other staff as needed.
- Writes clearly, informatively, and effectively.
- Addresses clients, visitors, counselors, therapist’s and co-workers in a pleasant and respectful manner. Responds to individuals with empathy and positive professional skills.
- Demonstrates an ability to adapt to changes in the facility function, management styles, and facility routines.
- Reads understands and adheres to all company policy statements on ethics, conduct, and conflict of interests.
- Adheres to facility policies, procedures, rules, and regulations, implementing regularly.
- Maintains a positive attitude and acts as a team player with others on the team.
- Attends all supervisory training within assigned time frames as required by the facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Demonstrates a high level of follow-through
- Demonstrates commitment to the mission, vision, and values of Overcome Adversity and partners
- Flexible schedule
- No cap on compensation, tremendous upside based on productivity
- Client Referral
- Personalized Marketing
- Group practice resource support
- Can focus on clinical vs. business
- Private environment for conducting sessions
- Ongoing training
- Peer support
- Monday – Friday
- Master’s or above (Required)
- Licenced (Preferred)
- 1 Year (Preferred)
- LCSW, LPC-MHSP, LMFT, or LMHC license (Required)
- One Location, Jefferson City, TN
- Open (Client and insurance-driven)
- Drivers License (Preferred)