Overcome Adversity | Cobb Counseling & Therapy
Based in Jefferson City, Tennessee providing Therapy and Counseling for the surrounding areas of Knoxville, Maryville, Seymour, Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, Kodak, Newport, Dandridge, White Pine, Morristown, Bean Station, Rutledge, Blaine, Strawberry Plains, and New Market. Telehealth / Teletherapy for all of Tennessee including the surrounding counties of Jefferson, Knox, Blount, Sevier, Cocke Hamblen, and Grainger.
Overcome Adversity provides counseling and therapy for couples, families, and individuals. For instance, we work with all ages (children, preteens, adolescents, adults) and specialize in Parenting issues, family Conflict, Relationship Issues, and a wide variety of Behavioral issues. These are just a few of our Counseling & Therapy Services. We also assist people who struggle with Anger management issues, have poor coping skills, are unable to communicate effectively with others, struggle with self-esteem issues, and have difficulties with depression. Talk with a therapist today!
Different treatment approaches are used including coaching, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, family systems therapy, and Family / Marital Therapy. We have experience working with specific mental health diagnoses such as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Depression, Bipolar Disorder, and Mood Disorders. Our overall goal is to assist people in dealing with life transitions and difficult situations to learn new skills that can help them navigate life’s paths more effectively. We believe that having an outside support person (therapist) to assist during these tough times can be very beneficial in overcoming the adversities at hand and being able to live a better, well-adjusted life in harmony with those we are closest to.
Overcome Adversity | Cobb Counseling & Therapy is now accepting new clients. Reach out to a Therapist Today
Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19) Preteens / Teens (11 to 13) Children (6 to 10)
- Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19)
Preteens / Teens (11 to 13) Children (6 to 10)
- Self Esteem
- Family Conflict / Roles
- Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19)
- Preteens / Teens (11 to 13)
- Children (6 to 10)
- Toddlers / Preshoolers (0-5)
Therapy & Counseling Service Area near Jefferson City, TN 37760
Overcome Adversity office is located at:
Therefore, we will work with any clients who are interested in our services and willing to come to our office for sessions in Jefferson City. However, we do offer video therapy for all others in the state of TN. Some of the surrounding areas that we are familiar with and have been working in since 2006 include Knoxville, Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, Dandridge, Jefferson City, Morristown, Tazewell, and Newport. Find a therapist near you!
We are now offering Telehealth / Teletherapy sessions for your Counseling & Therapy Needs
We understand life’s schedules, so we offer Telehealth for your next appointment. Our sections are secure, online video appointments to help support your busy you. Finding a counselor near you just got easier. Secure and HIPAA-Compliant
Counseling & Therapy Services & Programs
When people experience stressors and conflict in one area of their life it spills over into other areas.
Creating solid structure and cohesive parenting techniques will assist parents in maintaining appropriate behaviors from their children.
In working with various families I have assisted them in implementing a wide variety of interventions to help successfully decrease negative behaviors while increasing family cohesion.
Find ways to help with relationship problems, Couples Issues, Premarital Guidance, and Marital Problems. Finding the right counselor or therapist is key to feeling comfortable and being able to openly communicate your issues.
How does Therapy Help? How to Overcome Adversity?
There are many benefits to therapy. Depending on your current situation and the reasons you are seeking help can impact the success of therapy. In other words, if you are seeking diagnosis or treatment for a Mental Illness, therapy can help you better manage outbreaks, triggers, and the symptoms you are facing. It can also help offer you increased coping skills needed to overcome your adversities. For instance, opening your eyes to new ways is not always front and center. Dealing with situations becomes the focus as you may not be aware of them before. Above all, therapy helps offer problem-solving skills, provide support, and can help you work through your current or past life challenges. Personal growth is the new focus instead of burden or obstacles. Above all, it’s time to Overcome Adversity with the help of a licensed therapist!
Some insights Therapy can provide:
- Emotional management, including
- Coping mechanisms – work through situations that typically cause you anxiety, fear, or avoidance.
- Stress-management techniques to apply to deal with stress within your everyday life
- Work / Job Stress
- Skills and techniques to help you better navigate relationships, or to work through relationship troubles. Couples seeking Couples Counseling
- Problem-solving skills for you to enact when you encounter issues that may typically have caused you to shy away or back down, such as social situations or public speaking.
- Improving self-love, Self-Confidence
- Improving communication, listening, and the ability to speak up for yourself.
- Understanding your own skills, strengths, and positive attributes
- Finding a resolution to the issues that originally led you to therapy. Having that support as each of us need at different times in our life’s journey.
Your individual choice to begin therapy not only is beneficial to you but in many regards, it may be very helpful for everyone around you. Therefore, individual treatment plans will vary case to case based on your needs and circumstances. Transitional periods in life, managing daily stresses, or a mental illness diagnosis can all benefit from therapy and counseling. It’s best to speak with a trained and licensed therapist
What to expect from your first visit with a Therapist?
The main focus of your first therapy session:
1. Understand of your circumstances you are facing
Our therapist will take the first meeting to better understand your current circumstances. Additionally, understanding specific areas that are unique to you and the adversities you are facing must be identified. After that, the point we are able to determine what type of therapy is right for you. In addition, this needs to match up with your day-to-day life to find success. Additionally, actions may need to be done outside of our therapy sessions as these are all important steps in your healing. In other words, taking an active role in practicing certain techniques, reviewing articles, and/or reading a specific book may be asked of you. This is for your success.
2. Build A Relationship of Trust with your therapist
Think of the first session as more like a two-way interview. We will get to know each other and make sure each of us is the right fit. Additionally will ask you questions to help me better and more completely understand your primary issues or concerns. Additionally, historic events in your childhood, family, life, and career. Secondly, you are equally welcome to ask questions too. Above all, support and honesty are imperative as we both establish a client/therapist relationship. The nature and the quality of our relationship, in fact, will guide and determine the success of the overall therapeutic goals. Expected values for all sessions are as followed:
- Arrive in a safe, confidential, supportive space
- Treated with respect, understanding, compassion, and empathy
- Expect to receive strategies and techniques you can use to impact positive changes in your life journey
- Have a listening therapist to understand your interpretation of the adversities you are currently facing
- Align scientifically backed techniques, knowledgeable information to help assist you in overcoming your mental health-related struggles.
Is Therapy Confidential? You’re protected under HIPAA.
As a general rule, all therapy sessions are confidential. Therefore, anything you discuss with your therapist will remain between the two of you, unless you request otherwise. This is as per protection rules by law (HIPAA), which all therapists legally need to follow. No information from the session can be disclosed without prior consent from the client in written form.
There are exceptions to this law, however. A therapist can disclose information from the session to legal authorities or appointed persons if any of the following are true:
- The therapist suspects abuse to a child, dependent adult, or an elder, or is made aware of domestic abuse. These situations all require the therapist to notify law authorities immediately.
- If the therapist suspects an individual has caused or is threatening to cause severe bodily harm to another person, therapists are required to report it to the police.
- If an individual intends to harm himself or herself, expressing to the therapist, for example, plans for suicide. While the therapist will attempt to work through this in the therapy session if it appears to be unresolved or the client does not cooperate, additional action may need to be taken to ensure the safety of the client.
What is an EAP Employee Assistance Program?
Employee assistance program (EAP) is designed to help employees manage personal problems & mental health issues that can interfere with their work lives.
Needing Clinical Supervision? Get on our list today! Talk with our Therapist today!
- Mental Health Counselors
- They work to provide emotional and psychological support to help individuals.
- Addiction Counselors
- Alcoholism, gambling, shopping, and sex addiction are a few types. For instance, each person needs to understand their addictions, establish treatment plans, and create appropriate coping mechanisms.
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Focus on couples and family relationships. They help people rebuild relationships. Additionally, the therapist helps with creating compromises and establishing boundaries. Furthermore, couples may see a counselor to help build a stronger connection or for regular relationship maintenance.
- Spiritual Counselors
- Support and guidance are provided to clients as they develop their journey in life.
- Rehabilitation Counselors
- Overcoming challenges related to work success or daily life. Additionally, some may have disabilities that they face. Above all, counselors can provide them with tools and techniques to live and work independently.
- Domestic Violence Counselors
- Address Abuse and victimization. For instance, Domestic Violence counselors help develop coping mechanisms.
- Grief Counselors
- Deal with losses of loved ones or from a life-changing event(s).
There comes a time in all of our lives that we have to FACE what is before us. The first step is achieved when you REFUSE to be a captive of the environment in which you find yourself. The next is EMBRACE change. The final step is to EMPOWER yourself and overcome the adversity at hand.