Reach out to our Therapist today and book your session!
What does Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) do?
CBT is a type of talk therapy (Psychotherapy). A licensed mental health counselor conducts the counseling and therapy sessions so that you are more aware of inaccurate or negative thinking. The therapist challenges the view of situations so you can respond to them in a more effective way.
What is an example of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Situation – A friend, who I’m usually with and handing out with walked past me in public without saying “hello”
Thought – Hurt, Offended, unfriend, etc
Behavior – I couldn’t stop thinking about what happened later, I acted coldly toward my friend.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is a viewpoint realignment.
What types of disorders are best treated by (CBT)?
- Anxiety Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Substance Use
Goals of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
- Self-awareness and emotional intelligence by distinguishing healthy from unhealthy emotions and feelings
- A reduction of symptoms by reviewing current situations and solving for current problems
- Teaching specific techniques to identify and challenge distorted thinking by developing self-control
- Future episodes prevention of emotional stressors and self-development of core beliefs that are often at the core of suffering
Cognitive Behavioral Therapist
In search of a therapist near Knoxville, TN for your Counseling or Cognitive Behavioral Therapy needs? Overcome Adversity is located in Jefferson City, TN, and just a short drive from Knoxville. In addition to onsite therapy near Knoxville, we also offer Telehealth sessions. In other words, this is a great option for anyone interested in counseling. However, not everyone is willing to make the drive for every session. Therefore, we offer many services including:
- Behavioral Issues
- Substance Abuse
- Stress Issues
- Work Stress Issues
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder – OCD
- Bipolar Disorder
- Self Esteem
- Teletherapy / TeleHealth for Knoxville, TN
Therapy near Knoxville, TN
- Firstly, you want to check to make sure counseling or therapy is right for you. Ask a Therapist.
- Secondly, you want to reach out in an email or give us a call to discuss your options.
- Thirdly, check and see if your insurance is part of our In-Network Insurance partnership. In other words, based on your medical provider’s info we will work with them to identify your co-pay. However, if not, we can always do it out of network if you would like.
- Most importantly, schedule your first sessions. For instance, Jefferson City is only a 25-30 min drive from Knoxville, TN. Also remember, we do offer Telehealth Counseling also. In conclusion, we all need help in different parts of our lives.
In addition, we evaluate and treat individuals, couples, and families through a wide range of adversities so they may live a happier, fuller life! We believe that it is extremely important for the person seeking therapy to feel comfortable with their therapist.